FidelumGamesFidelumGames

Main Games Reviews Stats 1 Fan

Endurance Endurance

Well done. I'm working on a dungeon crawler myself and I know it's tough to get right.

At first I was disappointed with the combat system (seeing little sprites in my UI instead of 3D monsters in the dungeon), but after I kept with it for a bit, I actually found it quite refreshing.

Keep up the great work. I look forward to more.

Dungeons Deep Dungeons Deep

The game looks really nice (really really nice), but, as others have said, keyboard controls would really improve the experience.

I was hoping for a level of combat too, but I guess if that's not part of the game, so be it.

I'm pretty sure I found a bug/exploit: If you collect a chest and move away from the square and back onto it really quickly, you can collect it again.

Yozzik responds:

Hi fellow. Thanks for a report, will fix it.
And yes, keyboard is in the code but disabled. Will be fixed too.

Soda Dungeon Lite Soda Dungeon Lite

Best game I've played in a long time. Thanks!

My Name Is Bunny My Name Is Bunny

Well done. Nice and polished (almost :p). The text at the end felt like a cop out, but hey, 48 hours. Great stuff!

Me Me

As a developer, I wish I could come up with simple effective ideas like this. Well done. Superb use of programmer art by the way (I mean that in the nicest way) :p

Divorce: The Aftermath Divorce: The Aftermath

Hey man, congrats on making this game! It took me over a year to finish my first complete game, and it's no easy task, even for something small.

You did a really good job of conveying emotion in this, and it had a really strong atmosphere. Well done.

Sorry you're having a rough go. I saw this guy speak a while ago and it helped me to be more happy and to change my outlook when I was having some trouble with depression: https://youtu.be/GXy__kBVq1M. It might seem kind of silly at first, but the guy's done the research and has the credentials to back it up. Maybe it will help you out too.

Here's a link to his book too, if you're interested: http://www.imd.inder.cu/adjuntos/article/607/The%20Happiness%20Advantage%20The%20Seven%20Principles.pdf

Keep your chin up! Things get better :)

tigerrenko responds:

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it and much grateful for the links!

Kind regards
Ren

Tree House Quest Tree House Quest

Well done, especially for the time frame! Lots of fun, great humor, nice, consistent visual style. Brought me back to my childhood a bit (cynthia, indian burns, pogs).

I also liked the sphynxter, thought that was pretty funny.

The art itself was really great (the sphynxter appearing was awesome, so was brioche's attack). However, some of the pixels seemed to jitter. Did you guys play around with tweaking Unity for pixel perfection? I know I've experienced a bit of difficulty myself with this in the past.

Also, I'm curious, were the battles done completely using the canvas (or UI elements in world space)? I ask because of the masking effect when defeating enemies and when the health bar (haha, I'm just realizing the brilliance of having the health bar be an actual bar :D) reduces.

Anyhow, great job. Keep it up!

paraple-geek responds:

Thanks for your feedback !

We did not try to reach pixel perfection , we didn't had time for that. The pixel size is not even constant over all the assets.

The battle were made using both sprite and canvas. Sprites for the fighters, attacks and backgrounds and canvas for the text and health bar.

We used rect mask to show the bar when full and hiding the part behind the packaging. That way we only had to translate the bar tu reduce it.

Mini Machines Mini Machines

Lots of fun. Way too forgiving though. You could easily double to triple the play time by adding a car damage feature.

Car controls are perfect and lots of fun, but the game is just too easy. Either make the AI better, or punish the player more for crashing. I got bored before I beat all the levels.

Was going to give this 4 stars, but it was just too easy.